Friday, June 11, 2010

The Kids

The leader of the environmental course (the first two and a half weeks of my summer) is Eric Aronoff, a professor in the Residential College for the Arts and Humanities at State. I served on the leadership team for the 21st Century Traveling Chautauqua with Eric last year.
For my time at Hebrew University, I will be instructed by Yael Aronoff, a professor in the James Madison College at State specializing in Israeli politics. Yael is on the core faculty for the Jewish Studies Program and the Peace and Justice Studies Program.
Eric and Yael are married. Eric and Yael have children.
Maya is twelve and delightfully mature. Loves Harry Potter, hates Twilight, is a tomboy.
Aidan is eight and painfully adorable. Loves Percy Jackson, hates girls. (Ha.)
They are an utter delight. They are staying for the entire trip. Huzzah! Becca's wildest dreams are fulfilled. I no longer feel such a need to snatch random children from the street to play with (though I don't know that there's anything cuter than young Jewish boys wearing yarmulkes...I die. I seriously die).
I have wormed my way into the position of best friend. Aiden willingly held my hand (indeed, instigated the hand-holding) nearly all the way home from the restaurant after dinner. I am learning all about all of Maya's friends in middle school.
It's good. It's very good.

3 comments:

  1. YOUNG-CHILD-APPROPRIATE-CURSES, BATMAN!
    You were supposed to get stuck without any kids, and decide to have one of your own.
    /papa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cristóbal, Lord of FlailJune 13, 2010 at 8:52 AM

    I IS SO JEALOUS

    ReplyDelete